What brownies? I didn’t make any awesomely delicious brownies with date caramel.
Ok ok maybe I made 1 or 2… or 11 🙂 It wasn’t my recipe but it was vegan and easy and mega delish!
Full disclosure her pictures are mouth watering and I do have nuts on the inside of these brownies but I ran out for the topping. I skipped the coconut flakes and added a splash of almond milk to the batter to make it a little more moist.
These were very quick and easy and I made the whole recipe in the food processor so it was 1 dirty dish plus the pan for baking in 🙂
Here is the recipe incase you just wanna stay here:
- 1 15-oz can black beans (well rinsed + drained // 1 15-oz can yields ~ 1 1/2 cups drained)
- 2 batches flax eggs (2 Tbsp (14 g) flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp (75 ml) water as original recipe is written)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted // or sub other oil of choice (I used avocado oil because it’s unsaturated)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I buy the organic one from Costco)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (I eliminated this since I never buy or use it, it’s so $$$$!)
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Basically you just heat the oven to 350ºF stick all these ingredients into your food processor and then scoop into a greased up muffin tin… below are the toppings that you put on after you have portioned the batter but before baking! My convection oven cooked these perfectly in 22 mins… and BAM… Brownies!!!
- 1/3 cup chopped raw pecans (plus more for topping) (I used walnuts, I added these in after everything was blended and just mixed it a little so that the walnuts still had texture)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut (plus more for topping) (I skipped these)
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I added these in at the same time as the walnuts and just mixed them so they didn’t get all chopped up by the food processor)
- 1/4 cup date caramel* (soaked dates blended) (After you portion the brownies out you just put a blob of caramel on top and swirl it with a toothpick)
This was my first run at it… I’ve already decided on some alterations…. I’ll keep you posted 😉