I can’t decide if me blogging about the Coronavirus is white noise or if me blogging about easy snacks and kids lunches would be white noise in this pandemic?
There is a burning issue on my mind and so here you go…
The WHO has just declared Coronavirus (COVID 19) as a global pandemic. We are all listening intently for the professionals to give us advice on how to not catch and spread the disease. Tell us CDC and WHO, what are we to do?
You’ve heard all of the advice and I’m not here pretending to know anything about this disease.
There is a piece of this COVID 19 puzzle that is barely being talked about, in fact I just read a 10 page spreadsheet from the CDC regarding their advice on the virus and supporting and boosting your immune system wasn’t mentioned once!
Our IMMUNE SYSTEM needs some airtime!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that you can be immune to the virus, but supporting your immune system and preparing your body to fight, possibly the biggest battle that it will have to fight, can’t be bad advice!
The first question that was asked by governments when this virus was discovered was “when will the vaccine be ready?“.
Do you know what a vaccine does?
It creates an immune response on a very low level so that we don’t get sick but we have activated and taught our immune army to fight this particular disease. Our immune system is the one doing the work this is why immune compromised people don’t get vaccines, and they don’t give people vaccines when they already have a cold or flu.
This virus is picking off the weak, the compromised, the unhealthy. Conditions that suppress your immune response are:
- high stress
- sleep deprived
- cardio vascular disease
Your immune system starts with your gut bacteria, your gut bacteria provides the strength and foundation of your systemic health. You can change your gut bacteria and boost your immune system in just 14 days! 14 days is NOT VERY LONG, this is your typical all-inclusive vacation!
If you needed a push to change your habits, if you needed yet another reason to eat for health, longevity and strength then let the Coronavirus be that push. Don’t sit on the sidelines washing your hands with soap and sanitizer waiting to see if you get it and how your system handles it.
Ok, WASH YOUR HANDS…obviously that is a good idea
But take some immune system action! Give your body the tools that is needs to thrive and survive! What do you have to lose?
- Supplement during this time of extra caution – zinc, oil of oregano, colloidal silver, anti-oxidants, elderberry, vitamin C, astragalus, ashwaghanda, vitamin D3, B-complex, vitamin E (just pick 2 or 3, it’s all about support!)
- Cut out the dairy – dairy causes an inflammatory reaction in your body and you don’t need your body fighting anything else right now. It also increases excess mucus in your soft tissue (membranes) which is precisely what you don’t need right now. STOP creating unnecessary work for your body.
- Don’t freak out about the virus, take 10 deep breaths as many times a day as possible because it literally changes your brain chemistry and lowers the cortisol in your body. When Cortisol ( the stress hormone) is high, immunity is compromised.
- Meat releases cortisol into your blood stream… I’m just going to hope you can connect the dots with this one
- Get enough sleep! This is your body’s best way to recover so allow it the time that it needs. Don’t watch that extra episode, go to bed!
- hydrate, Hydrate, HYDRATE – your body depends on fluid to flush out toxins and maintain optimal organ function
- Eliminate processed sugar, refined carbohydrates and artificial colours and flavours (this is just shit your body has to deal with and does it really need a distraction like eliminating yellow E102?) These create the immune compromising gut bacteria you don’t want.
I’m just going to make sure that I’ve really made my point here – global pandemic sounds a bit apocalyptic and who am I to judge – maybe it is?! But the strong will survive so make yourself strong. You have the power to do at least that. You can do that for your kids, for your family and for yourself – put your mask on first and force the masks onto the ones you love 🙂